At Barefoot Chaplain, our intervention services can help get your loved one into treatment and manage the recovery process afterward. Click here to Get Help!
There is no charge to call our offices and discuss your situation. We’ll make recommendations on next steps, intervention strategies and treatment options, and tell you about professional services. Whether your needs are a Clinical Intervention, Grief Recovery, or Sober Companion, Barefoot Chaplain can help.
To learn more about how Barefoot Chaplain Intervention Services can help you, contact us from anywhere in the USA at (805) 801-8986 / or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our clinical intervention services are comprehensive. Here are some of the elements of our structured intervention service, founded upon the best-practice clinical model Love First, by Jeff Jay and Debra Jay:
- Training, including how to answer objections, how to use the power of the group to break through denial, how to structure bottom lines and more.
- Rehearsal, including various scenarios that might take place in the intervention, contingency planning and direction.
- Intervention, a specific and organized conversation with the addicted person to break denial and move them into treatment.
- Escort, there is no additional charge to escort your loved one to treatment, beyond the necessary travel expenses.
- Follow-up, including liaison between the treatment center and the family and general questions. Case management services also available.
Every intervention includes:
- Fact-finding to gain a clear understanding of the issues
- Choosing the most effective intervention strategy
- Helping to choose an appropriate treatment center
- Seven point process for writing intervention letters
- Brainstorming for objections and answers to objections
- Planning for bottom line consequences
- Matching treatment options to family finances
- Assisting the team in making travel arrangements
- Professional facilitation the intervention
- Overcoming objections and dealing with difficulties
- Professional synopsis delivered to treatment provider
Hourly consultation option
If you aren’t sure about doing and intervention, but would like to work with us on an ongoing basis, we’ll be happy to begin a consultation process with you. These sessions can involve multiple family members and friends, and some portion of the cost may be deductible from a future intervention. Call us to schedule an appointment.
Basic team preparation option
If you would like to do your intervention without a professional, but would like the benefit of some professional training, we can provide initial education and training for your family and friends by conference call. This training will usually last two to three hours. It is also an effective way to unify your team prior to an intervention, especially when some members are reluctant to move forward. The cost for a team preparation can be deducted from an intervention, if the intervention takes place within 90 days.